When Buddha was a child there were ponds of different colored lotus flowers outside his window with pink, white, and blue flowers symbolizing the three different types of peoples. In Egypt, lotus flowers represent rebirth in the afterlife. And in India, the flower petals represent the elements of the earth. Lotus plants grow in ponds in Asia anchored in the mud rising to the top bringing forth beautiful white, pink, and blue flowers.
Taste of Lotus
- Floral rose-like fragrance mixed with a fresh and grassy aroma.
Health Benefits Of Lotus
- Lotus lowers blood sugar.
- It’s great for detoxing the blood.
- It may help heal fatty liver disease.
- Lotus has a calming and relaxing effect.
- Lotus soothes away gastric ulcers.
- It may reduce inflammation.
- Lotus helps with diarrhea.
- It contains Vitamin C.
- It boosts your metabolism to some degree.
- Lotus flower tea is great for colds and coughs.
- Men who suffer from premature ejaculation find that lotus tea helps.
- Women who have heavy periods find that lotus tea reduces blood flow.
- Lotus tea is used for summer heat, cooling internal organs.