Ginger is closely related to curcuma & galangal. Ginger has a very long history of use in various forms of traditional and alternative medicine. It’s even referred to as Asian Home Remedy. It has been used to help digestion and reduce nausea. It fights the flu and common cold, to name a few.
Health Benefits Of Ginger
• Ginger has been shown to drastically lower blood sugar levels and improve various heart disease risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes.
• Ginger appears to speed up emptying of the stomach, which can be beneficial for people with indigestion and related stomach discomfort.
• Ginger can help prevent various types of nausea. This applies to sea sickness, chemotherapy nausea, nausea after surgery and morning sickness.
• Ginger appears to be effective at reducing the day-to-day progression of muscle pain, and may reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness.
• Ginger appears to be very effective against menstrual pain when taken at the beginning of the menstrual period.
• Ginger extract can inhibit the growth of many different types of bacteria. It is very effective against the oral bacteria.
• Ginger contains a substance called 6-gingerol, which has been studied to have protective effects against cancer.
• Ginger can enhance brain function directly. Ginger extract is shown to improve working memory.