About Butter Fly Pea Flower
Clitoria Ternatea, commonly known as Asian pigeonwings or Butterfly Pea Flower, is a plant species belonging to the Fabaceae family. The flowers of this vine have the shape of human Female genitals. It is an annual vine that is native to Southeast Asia near the equator.
One of the most distinctive characteristics of butterfly pea flower tea, and indeed other drinks that use the butterfly-pea flower extract, is that it will change color when the pH balance changes. A deep blue tea will turn purple with the addition of lemon juice, turning a deeper shade of purple the more lemon juice is added.
Flavor of Butterfly Pea Flower
The flavor of Butterfly Pea Flower somehow earthy with woody nuances, very slight citrus essence undertone.
Health Benefits of Butter Fly Pea Flower
- Butter Fly Pea Flower is an excellent source of antioxidant
- Slows aging process
- Enhances immune system
- Detoxifies the whole body
- Keeps skin glowing & healthy
- Treats urinary problems
- Improves eyesight & night vision
- Treats eye infections
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Strengthens the hair for healthy hair growth